Monday, April 07, 2008

Why Computers Are Tools Of The Devil

Despite my best efforts at spyware-defeating software, virus scans, and firewalls, my computer at home got a virus or something and is now at the repair shop doing its impression of a door stop. I'm writing this on my work issued laptop before starting my wonderful and fulfilling work day.

At first I was pretty bothered by the home computer crash, since all of my lesson plans and tab for both my dulcimer students as well as some notes for a new dulcimer book I'm working on are all on the hard drive. Fortunately, I've got most of that stuff backed up on CDs, so it's not a total loss.

On the positive side, it was a beautiful weekend! And since I didn't have any reason to sit in front of the computer I spent time bicycling and sitting outside playing music.

Dan, Colleen W. and I spent time working on some new material for the Hot Baloney Boys on the porch over at her place and drew a nice crowd of neighbors.

All in all, I think my life was better this weekend without the computer. Maybe I'll keep it that way.

No comments: