Monday, May 12, 2008

Great Saturday!

I got to spend Saturday afternoon with my Mound City Slickers pals celebrating our fiddler, David's birthday. That's him in the picture. David's wife Donna set it up as a suprise for him. And a nicer afternoon you couldn't ask for.


Three of us old boinkers drove out from the city to David and Donna's place in Jefferson County; a beautiful spring day on their large back deck off the side of a ridge. Birds chirping, turkey buzzard flying over head, nuthatches flitting around.Mostly blue, sunny skies and pleasant temperature.

David came strolling in about fifteen minutes after we got there. The smile on his face was priceless. Donna provided cold beers and sandwiches and left us to our own devices.

We spent the afternoon playing tunes, swapping stories, and laughing a lot. I even got my first sunburn of the season!

I can't imagine a better Saturday afternoon!

No comments: