Saturday, January 03, 2009

Back from the Holidays

Well, it's been a glorious week and a half of loafing around, playing tunes, and getting a couple long-put-off household projects done - or at least started. The week between Christmas and New Years is always nice since I can take the time off from the day job. Now it's the Saturday before I have to go back to work and that deadline is looming large.

In other catching up type news, I've also found Facebook over the last few days. It's pretty neat. The connections between people is fascinating to watch. Through a friend here in St. Louis, I made a link to someone I hadn't seen in nearly 30 years. So, that's interesting.

Went to a jam at Bob's house last night, which was just about the best way I can think of to start 2009 out. Three fiddles, four banjos, one guitar, one mandolin, and one banjo uke. Quite a ruckus! Too many tunes were played to remember them all. It was great fun.

No comments: