Monday, October 29, 2007

Go See This Play!

When I'm not exercising my creative muscles with music, I do some work with local theater companies. The latest is directing David Hare's Skylight for West End Players. We're a little less than two weeks from opening and, so far, I have to say it's the best thing I've worked on. The script is one I really care about, the actors (Renee Sevier0Monsey, Robert Ashton, & Jared Nell) are doing some of the best work I've ever seen from them. I think we're headed in the right direction with this piece, and I couldn't be happier with the production overall.


The play is funny, sad, romantic, sexy, and disturbing all at the same time.

Directing this, I've seen it a couple of dozen times now and haven't been bored yet! What more could you want?

I really hope that all of my friends and those of you who read this and are in the St. Louis area will come out and see this.

BTW: Thanks to Marjorie Williamson for the great graphic above.

No comments: