Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Pictures from Mt. Airy

So, my friend Renee mentioned to me her disapointment at my not posting anything yesterday. Busy day at work... too much to do... blah, blah, blah... It's forced me to return to the Mount Airy well and post some photos of people playing tunes. Hope you all enjoy them. If I get time in the next couple of days, I'll post some of the pictures I took a few weeks ago at The Bluff Country Gathering. 'Cause, of course, you can't ever have too many photographs of people playing fiddles and banjos.

Above is a picture of Woody McKenzie playing fiddle and Jack (didn't get his last name) with a banjo on his lap. Woody is one of the nicest fellows I've yet met and a heck of a fine fiddler. Jack is a lot of fun as well and loves to sing those old-time songs.

Later in the afternoon, Woody took the time to teach "Spotted Pony" to a young girl who is just starting out on fiddling. His patience, skill at explaining, and enjoyment at seeing her picking it up were a great thing to watch.

No comments: