Friday, August 10, 2007

What is "Jeopardy", Alex?

Amy and I spent the last couple of days up in Chicago where she was going through the second round in her journey to appear on the Jeopardy TV quiz show. Even though I had to spend most of those days plugged in to the laptop and cell phone (^&*&*%@%$^^*@ day job!), we had a real nice time.

The hotel we stayed in, The Tremont, was an old building in the middle of the Gold Coast neighborhood down town. The room was nothing special, but comfortable. The lobby was small, but beautiful and the hotel staff was friendly and helpful. We got a good rate, too by using Expedia for booking the room.

I wish I'd taken pictures, but as usual, I was kind of a pin head and forgot to pack the camera.

Amy had a blast at the audtions/testing/whatever you want to call it. And she thinks she did pretty well. Took a written test, played a mock game with podiums and clickers to ring in... the whole shooting match. She said it was so much fun, she was sorry when it was over. So, now she's on a waiting list of possible contestants and could be called out to play the game in LA for real at any time.

After she got done with her day of auditions and I got done with my day of meetings and other work, we took a good, long walk down by Lake Michigan. It was hot, but there was a nice breeze from the lake, so it was pleasant. We walked down to Navy Pier and all around it. Neither of us had ever been to the pier before, and I can't see us going back again. It's sort of like a big mall with tons of stuff for tourists to buy, but not much else worth noting.

Still, the lake is beautiful and the walk along it was worth the trip. It was a shame we didn't bring our swim suits, as the water looked so inviting.

Then we hopped on a free trolley back from Navy Pier towards our hotel. Stopped by Pizzaria Uno for dinner. I'm not normally much for pizza, but Amy loves it, so.... Anyway, I can heartily recommend this place. The pizza is about an inch and a half thick with a good crust, plenty of cheese and a tasty tomato sauce. The atmosphere is good, too. Kind of grungy and crowded. A real city place.

Anyway, that's what we did with ourselves the last few days. How about you?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I worked. And worked. And then for something different, I did a little work. Oh, and I bought my first fiddle. I'll show it off at the next slow jam. :-)